remotes.com reviews

Home Forums General remotes.com reviews

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  submergeshortly 1 day, 21 hours ago.

• Author

Lina
    Participant

This supposed feature — recognizing which driver has entered the vehicle, and changing the profile automatically — was NOT ready to go when released and should not have been released because it does not work. DO NOT ENGAGE IN THE ACTIONS TO ACTIVATE THIS BECAUSE YOU’LL REGRET IT.
    The “feature” does not work because, astonishingly, Tesla has not yet solved the problem that two drivers, each with his or her own key, might be in the car at the same time. Sigh.
    So what happens? Sometimes, when the person with the second key is the passenger and leaves and reenters the passenger seat, the car shifts to that person’s profile. You, the driver, might not notice it happened until you somehow realize the mirrors are no longer set properly for you, a potential danger.

rachel
    Participant

Subsequently, in our case, the system has somehow set both profiles for the same key. Only way to fix this, I was told, is to delete the entire profile and re-set it, a substantial nuisance.

fdhjfkf
    Participant

It’s really simple, It works on the basis of which fob unlocks the car first. If the car is locked and then reopened by the other fob it will move to that profile. My wife and I have no issues with it except when she deliberately unlocks the car first when she knows I’m going to drive.

Why does every concern that gets posted nowadays have, the over the top, all caps, the world is falling down tone to it. Chill out people.

Lina
    Participant

I’m not sure how Tesla can determine which driver is intending to sit in the drivers seat when both fobs are present. To combat this very serious first world problem, my husband and I have solved it by ensuring only one fob is present at a time. Very complicated workaround.

rachel
    Participant

With key fob in leather case in right front jeans’ coin pocket and with cell phone in left front pocket or shirt pocket, I am havinging 100% function every time at rear trunk.
    I suggest separating phone and fob first and then if problem continues to try jdonalds post to change the battery. Even though new, batteries (as anything made by man) can fail.

fdhjfkf
    Participant

Good suggestions, I’ll definitely take a look at the battery idea. It doesn’t happen often enough for me to be alarmed, but just an odd observation if the car is sitting parked for a while.
    The last time it happened was early AM so my car was sitting for probably a few hours; I tried the release handle three times (with the key fob in my hand right next to the trunk lid). Either way, just a curiosity but I may very well be an anomaly.

submergeshortly
    Participant

Remotes and Keys is commited to sourcing the best quality parts possible. We carry both OEM and replacement products. Obviously the OEM items will be the exact same as if it was bought at the dealership parts counter. The replacement “Generic” items are sourced from factories whose products are far superior to the cheap items you’ll find on amazon, ebay, and competitor sites. All remotes are tested on Santronics Keyless Entry Testers before they are shipped to you. Many remotes are checked on other kinds of keyless entry testers besides the Santronics. If you want to know more details please visit here replacement remotes for cars

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.